Here’s a comprehensive list of book title ideas that I considered for This Is Fine. One of the biggest things that delayed the book was choosing the right title. It kept me up nights and stressed me out. But after all the trouble I don’t know why worried about it so much – my footprint isn’t big enough to cause a controversy, so many of these would have been just fine. Maybe. I almost went with several of these…but ultimately decided that This Is Fine was the correct choice.
I also included here two early cover art sketches for the book, which were done by artist Emilo Medina of MuyCreative. Again, there were several ideas pitched for the cover which were considered for some time. Did it matter?
So what do you think? Did I make a mistake? Would you have preferred one of these titles instead? Would you have called it something else?
It’s funny, I think the cover I went with probably went over many people’s heads but what can you do? It’s done.
The book is, of course, on sale at my store. Reviews are needed and appreciated. As of this writing I have yet to receive a single review for this book. That is very telling to me as a writer and a publisher. I won’t say more than that for now.
Thanks for reading and let me know what you think of the list.
- Adventures in Failure
- Don’t call me Latinx
- Don’t Call Me Chicanx
- Anything But Chicano
- Chicano is a Dirty Word
- Kill Your Selfie and Other Poems
- Freedom of Speech and other Fairy Tales to Tell Your Kids
- Literary Jihad
- Stranger in a Strange Land
- FAKE NEWS! And other Poems
- Where Sacred Cows Go To Die
- Slaughterhouse for Sacred Cows
- Dead Sacred Cows
- Sacred Cow Slaughterhouse
- Digital Darwinism
- Is Everyone Crazy or am I Just Getting Old?
- Peas in the Guacamole
- Special Unique Snowflakes
- Turns out I am my Khakis
- Mad World
- The Florida Sacred Cow Massacre
- Sacred Cows & The Electric Kool-Aid Cult
- Consfearacy Theories for Propaganda Pals
- Get Out of Denver: Poems from Paradise Lost
- Scar Tissue: Poems from the Culture Wars
- Poems For Dead Milkmen in NeoAztlan
- Poems For Dead Milkmen in a Post-Aztlan World
- Poems from the Murder Capital of Florida and Other Joys
- Poems from Paradise Lost
- I Saw This coming a Long Time Ago
- How Much Rot Can You Handle?
- The Difference Between Justice and Revenge
- Propaganda Poems for Cognitive Dissonance
- This Is Fine: Poems from Paradise Lost