I’ve updated the store with a snazzy new design and also made it so that all of our “in circulation” items are always in stock. No more “sold out” items. This will mean several new changes. Allow me to explain.
From here on out, all items that are currently in print (see: NOT out of print) will be available for purchase at all times from our store. No more sold out books. The only difference is that they will ship from our distributor instead of in house. Please see our store’s FAQ page. Here’s a rundown of the new changes:
- Unless specified, all orders ship from our distributor and typically take 2 days to leave the warehouse. That’s actually pretty fast service for a brand new, freshly printed book! You will be notified from Big Cartel when the order ships.
- Shipping is typically sent via Media Mail from the warehouse and it is not trackable or insurable.
- Unless specified, books are shipped unsigned and are brand new.
- Books are not returnable.
- If you are interested in bulk orders, we will discount. Please contact us here.
- All orders come with stickers and an original doodle. Stickers are shipped separately and are shipped via snail mail.
I am switching to this method for several reasons but the main one is to remain competitive, especially with Amazon. Because of the indie publishing model, Amazon forces me to compete with myself and so I am constantly struggling to price match them, which is silly considering it’s me I am competing against. But it is what it is. This will eliminate “double” shipping costs for me.
To review, books will now ship from the distributor via media mail. They will no longer be signed unless I have some on hand. But! All orders will come with free stickers AND an original, personalized doodle drawn by me. You won’t find that anywhere else. Sales will occur periodically so keep your eyes peeled!
*Important! The BSP Store is for retail sales only to the general public! I typically expect you to order one or two copies of a book. These are retail prices for people interested in buying single books. If you are a bookstore wanting to carry our titles or a library, you can always order through Ingram and receive wholesale discounts and perks!
Hopefully you understand that in order to remain in business I have to stay competitive. I will never sell books for more than what Amazon has them listed at! They have free shipping and I just can’t beat that.
And please remember that you can always order our books through Amazon or B&N and take advantage of their free shipping and that is not only appreciated it is encouraged. It’s a win/win for you, the consumer. All I’m trying to do is stay in business and keep creating books that you love.
Thank you for your business! Let me know if you have any questions.