Here, once again, is another installment of the weekly re-cap. This is where I put the news and links to recent articles and recap newsworthy items that you may have missed during the week.
- First up this week, Josh Divine’s Ducktown suffered a couple of minor setbacks. It’s currently at the printer/distro and there were a couple of technical issues with production but it’s back on track and I expect the proof copy to be in my hands tomorrow! Keep an eye out for the first pictures of a hard copy of the book.
- I am considering implementing a “live chat” function here on the site and maybe hosting live chats with some of our authors. It will depend on interest of course and I am interested to know if people would participate in that kind of thing. If you have feedback, let me know.
- Lowriting is officially in production. Yay!
- In other news, Broken Sword Publications has joined the Independent Book Publishers Association. It’s nice to be a member of a professional organization dedicated to helping indie publishers. I am already learning things about marketing and industry stuff that I was clueless about before. It’s nice to have someone to ask about this industry, which is a chaotic free-for-all most of the time.
- ¡Ban This! The BSP Anthology of Xican@ Literature was spotted at Modern Times Bookstore in the Mission District of San Francisco, Califas. This was totally out of the blue and a big boost to my indie ego. Due to the help of friends in the area asking about BSP titles, the store decided to stock them! That’s all it takes. Big should out to Barrio 2 Barrio and Bella Perla for their help!
- I wrote a satirical story over at Pocho Dot Com about George Zimmerman getting hired by Sheriff Joe Arpaio and people went nuts over it. Despite my obviously bad Photoshop work, people were convinced that the story was true. I got Internet yelled at by people all day who either thought I was an idiot or a jerk. It was pretty fun. 😀
- I penned a few poems this week including one about the N-word and another about Jimi’s Little Wing and Nepantla.
- I also wrote a prose piece about Desmond Tutu and Satan’s penis…you’ll just have to read it for yourself.
OK, That’s all she wrote for this week. Stay tuned as I will be sharing the first ever pictures of Josh Divine’s Ducktown in hard copy this week. I am working on another podcast and and mulling over the idea of a live chat function here. If you have feedback on that idea, I’d love to hear it. Have a great day and remember to support indie publishing!