Here is another installment of the weekly re-cap. This is where I put links to recent articles and recap newsworthy items that you may have missed during the week.
Submissions for Lowriting are officially closed! The deadline was 7/4 and I collected some great stuff! Hopefully you submitted your material in time for consideration. If you have not heard from me yet…better luck next time! Thank you to all who submitted work for consideration. This book is going to be dynamite and I cannot wait to start putting it together!
Speaking of Lowriting, Art Meza, the chingón photographer who’s work is featured in the book, is having his first solo exhibit this weekend at Mi Vida Boutique in L.A. Don’t miss this show! This is your opportunity to own some of Meza’s amazing work and meet the man behind the lens.
Josh Divine’s Ducktown is still in the final stages of production. We are waiting on a couple of finishing touches and then it will go to press. If you are interested (and have a little clout) in providing a blurb for the book, you can check it out here. trust me, this book will be worth the wait!
- I penned an open letter to the creators of Sharknado!
- I announced that I have a new book almost completed. I have been quietly working on it for a while now and it still needs some polishing and assembly but the majority of it is there! Look for it early next year. I will preview it periodically as the year closes out.
- I wrote a PSA about recognizing stroke symptoms. Cut me some slack – I used to be a very bitter EMT.
- I wrote a piece about La Raza Cosmica and about also wannabe politicians. These pieces are related and will mirror each other. Kudos if you can read between the lines.
- I wrote two pieces about Trayvon Martin. One is here and the other is here.
- For Pocho Dot Com, I broke the news about Rick Perry’s oppressive new Penis-Sound law. Creepy stuff. I also broke the news of celebrity chef Rick Bayless’ new Taco Bell burrito. Yum!
That’s it for this week, folks! Stay tuned as I have another podcast in the works as well as some other tricks up my sleeve. Have a good weekend and remember, support indie publishing!